This time of year, many services recap your year with them. My Bible app shows how many days I read the daily devotional (only missed 9), MapMyRun shows how many miles I’ve run, and Pocket tells me that I consumed more than 10 books worth of content in their app in 2017.
In some ways this is inspiring, a way to look back and quantify what I spent my time doing.
Looking back is also a great time to look forward.
What do you want 2018 to say about you? What do you want to achieve? What will your highlights be?
I encourage you to take action now. What is important that you accomplish in the following areas of your life:
- Personal Development (Education, reading, schedule management, etc)
- Professional / Career (Promotions, processes, systems, changes, etc)
- Relational (Spouse, family, friends, etc)
- Recreational (Hobbies, interests, etc)
- Financial (Earning, savings, investing, retirement, etc)
- Spiritual (Church attendance, reading, small groups, etc)
- Physical (Diet, fitness, etc)
Break down big goals into monthly, weekly, and daily goals.
Be accountable to yourself and a partner.