This question is a part of my Free Q&A Series where I answer questions posed by entrepreneurs around the world on sites like Quora, Clarity, and various freelancing forums.
QUESTION: What are the topics to write about for a digital marketing agency as a content creator?
As I have said many times, understanding your target or ideal client is the first place to start. Understanding and developing empathy for them will help you hone your content and the tone in which you use. As a digital marketing agency, you see the importance of using content to attract those ideal folks. This works because, when people have questions, they turn to search engines and trusted resources for the answer. By writing high-quality, original content on a consistent basis, you develop a reputation of a trusted source of information in your desired industry. This benefits the entire online ecosystem.
Off the top of my head, there are several blog topics you can start with to build a base of content around content marketing:
- How does content marketing support digital marketing?
- How important is content in a digital marketing strategy?
- Is content marketing worth it?
- How useful is content marketing?
- How to start with content marketing?
- Why is content marketing important?
- What is the difference between online and content marketing?
- What are the best online content marketing courses?
- What are best ways of digital marketing?
By starting with these questions as inspiration, it is possible to write 750+ word blog posts structured in a similar fashion:
- Title (you can even use the questions above as the title)
- Introduction (stating the question and what you’re going to address in the following post)
- 3–4 paragraphs addressing various points in your arguement
- A summary paragraph
- A closing paragraph and call to action
Using this structure as a template (there is no need to copy it directly, or even every time), you can develop a consistent feel and appearance to your online publications.
As I’m sure you are aware, the more detailed and direct your content, the more your readers will appreciate you insights. There are thousands of other digital marketing agencies competing for the exact same eyeballs and dollars. You must have a keen sense of understanding and clarity for your ideal audience to tailor content specifically for them. If you are targeting the used car industry, for example, adding “For Used Auto Dealers” to your headlines may be advised. To believe that you can write about these topics in a general sense and expect a flood of traffic is a bit naive. Target, niche, and focus your efforts to a particular industry – or even subindustry.
The other answers give great resources, but remember, every other digital marketing agency is using the same tools and accessing the same data. Your job is to put a unique spin on a well-documented industry so that your message stands out to your particular target audience.
All the best,
Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash