Sometimes it is hard to keep the creative juices flowing. With all the tasks vying for our attention, plus fighting social sharing overload, it is difficult to maintain “freshness” in our marketing.
Here are 30 ideas that you can use in your next marketing campaign to mix things up.
Remember to track the results; if we can track it, we can improve it!
Here are 30 inspirational marketing ideas for the modern marketer
- Pick a quote from an older blog post and link to it on Twitter / Facebook
- Make a previous quote into an inspirational graphic and share
- Combine 4-5 blog posts into an ebook to make a downloadable offer
- Create a new blog posts consisting of inspirational tweets or quotes from leaders within your industry
- Create an infographic outlining what a prospect needs to know to make an informed decision about your industry
- Showcase and share an employee’s story
- Showcase and share a customer’s story
- Publicly thank a partner company
- Visually simplify a complex process or system that may overwhelm your next customer
- Connect with 4-5 partner companies and endorse them publicly
- Create a 5-day email course to generate new sales leads
- Host a free webinar to attract prospects and close leads
- Host a challenge with a partner brand to raise awareness for a local charity
- Tackle the top 5 questions your sales team hear and answer them on your website
- Choose one topic per month to dive into on your blog
- Host a Blab, Periscope, or Meerkat episode with your CEO
- Host a digital customer appreciation event
- Surprise unsuspecting customers with swag
- Host a Live AMA “Ask Me Anything”
- Answer questions relating to your industry on Q&A sites like Quora, Clarity, or MosaicHub
- Write recommendations on industry partner’s LinkedIn profiles
- Write an article for LinkedIn Pulse
- Host a video / photo / “caption this” contest or sweepstakes
- Ensure all of your past content has strong visual pieces, then share those on sites like Pinterest and Instagram
- Create templates for your customers or prospects to use freely
- Publish a non-biased, side-by-side product comparison resource
- Create an Slideshare presentation covering your popular blog topics
- Guest publish on complementary websites
- Start a podcast
- Discuss / Review / Cover upcoming industry conferences or tradeshows
Bonus: Don’t forget, pre-scheduling your social media updates can save an incredible amount of time! Use a tool like HootSuite, Buffer, or HubSpot to leverage your time and schedule posts in advance.
In the comments, publicly commit to one or two of the marketing ideas listed above. Be sure to share your brand’s social media link or website so I can check it out!